3 weeks and wine

Happy 3 weeks to our lil snuggler!!
Had her appointment today, went really well, thank goodness.  As a new mom you worry that a crying fit is going to start as you are waiting to get into the exam room and you are that embarrassed parent.  Today thats all I could think about which is funny cause honestly a kid getting weighed was already crying because of getting shots and seeing the Dr.  My little one did great, already 7.2 lbs!!  I was concerned these past few days making sure she is getting enough to eat and yes she def is getting plenty got the okay from the Dr to let her sleep through the night and feed her when she wakes up! Yippee!!  Only down fall with today has been my darn milk duct being blocked, those suckers hurt!! Its a weird uncomfortable pain, did all the remedies so now its just a waiting game.  Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Getting a visit from a friend of mine today who I used to work with at the animal hospital, I am super excited to see her.  Its nice to have people visit, makes me feel like the walls are not caving in.  
So being that its Wednesday half way through the work week congrats everyone you are almost there!! Was thinking about how wine and breast-milk are similar.  Yes this seems like a long shot but I was seriously thinking about this.  I have added a few cartoon things courtesy of exclusive-pumpers.com


 This one cracked me up!! I wait for that evening or afternoon pump when I can have my glass of wine that I soo deserve after a long day! Its therapy-honest!!
Now this was perfect.. you go to all these fancy winery places where you either pay for samplings or get a free round.  You are sitting there with all these wine sophisticated people and watching them do the smell swirl.  To be honest I catch myself doing the same yupee thing they do because I am in the winery zone where you want to appear like a connoisseur  and appreciate wine for the taste rather then the buzz you may or may not get after a whole bottle ahem..two glasses of that delicious fruit concoction they call wine.  Every time I give Avriel her bottle I swirl and smell, makes me feel like I need a fancy bowl of oyster crackers and a motorized wine opener on the kitchen counter next to the breast-milk bags and my sharpee lol!!
Another similiarty is the types of wine vs the types of breast-milk, you have the fore-milk which is considered skim milk which is the lighter crispier milk that acts as an appetizer, which in my wine mind I would consider the fore-milk as a nice light moscato or champagne.  The next is the hind-milk which is the rich, bold and creamy milk the sweet baby hangs on for dear life to get a taste of, this to me would be a Merlot or Cabernet.   So then I guess if you were to have a nice light dinner would be a salad and chicken you would pair with a white wine such as a moscato.  If you were to have full meal like a red pasta or a steak you would go for the gusto of a bold red wine such as one of my favorites a Cabernet.  So this is how my mind works hope it makes sense and if it doesn't well then I guess thats why its my mind and not yours.  Have a wonderful day enjoy the middle of the week Friday is not far off!!

Comments