Nursing to pumping; to moms arms to crib

Since finding out I was pregnant I was all about nursing...  

I was proud that I lasted one week..it was getting harder and harder and super painful!! I know there is some pain but this was ridiculous lol.  Then of course I Google everything about pumping and I realized there are some pumping haters out there which is a shame because not every woman has the perfect nipples for nursing!! To quote another person's blog I was reading she states "her nipples looked and felt like they went through a meat grinder" I was like that's the best way to describe them.  So I spoke to Joe and I told him I don't know how much longer I can nurse, she has such a hard time finding the nipple in the first place then she starts crying and gets hiccups which in turn when she finally latches on and drinks she ends up spitting up most of it anyway.  I talked to some friends of mine that have tried the nursing and now to strictly pumping and they assured me its not different.  Although the thought in the back of my mind was well what about the "nursing bond" every one talks about..I had to be honest with myself and think to every time I did nurse and I couldn't enjoy the bond through the pain..now I get a euphoric feeling when I bottle feed her, she is content and not struggling and we can enjoy our moment together at every feeding without the terrible pain.  So in light of all of this I am going to pump until I cannot anymore.  I feel I made the right decision to help me enjoy the little time I have before she grows up too fast.
On another note...we placed her in her crib for the first time last night.  She did great!! I was so proud! But I did get up every hour or so to check on her even though we have a video monitor.  Chalk it up to mom wanting to be needed lol. It was a wonderful feeling of her claiming some independence already by being in the crib away from mom and dad.  I was able to sleep. 
Well until next time..everyone enjoy the day hopefully the rain will stay away to let all the working people out there get a beautiful day to start their work week! :-)

www.exclusivepumpers.com

wonderful blog site for women who are pumping
www.bellybelly.com
helpful site to work on your milk supply

Comments