6 weeks & smiles

Man what a crazy couple of days..
Avriel met her cousins Ava, Owen & lil Miss Ella including baby Mace which is Luke and Tessa's son who is about a month older than her. He is such a handsome boy.
Had one of the most amazing times at the Tractor Pull! ! Avriel did soo good..I was soo worried about the noise we got the cutest head gear for her to wear!! Learning alot this week between how to keep her entertained and using cloth diapers. 
Entertainment. .as soon as I think I got her excited about something she gives me that angry look so I have to make a run for it to find other stuff to play with her.  I feel like I am on the set of second city or SNL when someone makes a mistake and goes off script. .and youre like oh shit! Just go with it!! I even clicked a pen back and forth cause its what I had near.  I need to make a bag of tricks to have on hand at all times.  Now that I talk about it she has no toys or a playmat with mirrors and things that make noises..well Joe. .honey we need to get her toys and a playmat lol!
Now smiling on the other hand she loves!! When she smiled three times in a row this sappy hormonal mess of a woman cried! It was soo beautiful to know she is happy.  Its amazing what a smile can do for you can't wait for the laughing to start outside of her sleep lol!!  She is starting to explore her tongue she is constantly sticking it out and making faces with her mouth and kicking those long legs of hers and her arms just wont stop moving around.
Cloth diapers. .
Really liking them I had to watch a bunch of you tube videos on them there are soo many ways to fold them.. started with the cute duck pins which as of now she pees so darn much the pin fold just doesnt allow for much padding. When she gets older and we have the larger prefolds that would be better.  Joe is nervous with the pins cause again she is always moving and he cant get his fingers to open the pins and close them.  So we went to buy buy baby to look at stuff cause now that is like my favorite store! ! Anyway found these cool dappy wraps the are in the shape of disposables and they have velcro to adjust size and you just put that on and the thirsties wrap goes over top..they are awesome and soo easy..need to get more of those..now finally figured out to fold the cloth diaper in threes and lay them in the thirsties wrap it offers extra padding for the waterfall of pee..the only down fall is when she gets bigger I need to reassess and create a fold to work with when she is active..its def a learning experience but so far we haven't had to buy many packs of disposable diapers..we use them at night and when we go home or go out to run errands if its going to be a long run. Other then that I use cloth..her skin doesnt get red and she doesnt have the elastic imprints from the disposables.  I would recommend them to anyone..they take some getting used to but you just need to adapt them to your baby's needs!! Its been a week of discovery for her with Joe and I really looking forward to the next couple of weeks..although still trying to cope with the tired factor.its pretty bad when while you pump you tend to fall asleep.  Joe is really trying to help as much as he can he is has been wonderful! ! Well on to Friday hope everyone he has a great day!!!

Comments