Its a beautiful thing

What an amazing weekend we had!!  The weather was perfect, sad to say its prolly the last nice weekend we will have until spring. This can be a very depressing time of the year. Seeing the corn and soybeans turn from a beautiful bright green to a dried brown crispy mess.  The seasons changing lets people visually see life has its down sides and its up sides.  Seeing the machinery out getting cleaned and ready for harvest and watching the unforgettable dust makes us realize winter is coming. I am a very positive person but when I see the leaves changing it makes me happy and sad. I am sure I can say for alot of people.  Having a beautiful warm and sunny weekend makes us appreciate the summer and the warm weather and being out side.  For me this year has been quite a ride.  My parents moving from our home me and my sister grew up in, my wonderful sister marrying the man of her dreams and Joe and I being blessed with a baby girl.  Seeing winter come upon us makes me eager to find out what the next year will hold.  Our daughter will be older which is a good and a bad thing.  My sister creating her life with her soul mate and my parents being able to enjoy their lives together in smaller place that allows them to enjoy motorcycle rides and going away on the weekends without having to worry about yard work. Now that I have sapped up the beginning of my post today now its time to get into our wonderful weekend.
My cousin Clarissa which we call Tuffy messaged my sister and I saying she would like to go to the Edwards Apple Orchard which made my day.  I have been wanting to take Avriel to her first one so badly.  We ended up meeting my parents and having an amazing time.  We got our first of many pictures under the famous Edwards Apple Orchard sign which ends up starting a memory for us and our daughter that every year we will up date and be able to look back and think "where has the time gone" and appreciate all the wonderful moments of our first visit there as a family with Tuffy who traveled a ways just because she wanted to make her birthday present.  She created the opportunity for us to make a memory and start a tradition.  You cant forget those wonderful cider doughnuts that people buy by the dozen and the smell of all the seasonal goods in the barn.  We ended up heading to the pumpkin patch down the way and made another great memory with pictures, farm animals and family.  We ended the night making funny noises in the truck and grocery shopping.  Perfect end to a great day.
Sunday we had some friends up for what is one of our last days of grilling and enjoying dinner on the deck.  Had baked bean stuffed peppers yum my favorite! and beer brats soaked in sauerkraut onions and red pepper.  Had great conversation following the sun with our chairs till we didn't have anymore which you only do in the fall on a nice warm day because once that sun goes down burrs chillys! :) We headed inside and kept on conversing and I hear a rumbly noise from our daughters bum!! Uh oh dads up lol.  So him and his friend went into the baby room to change her and I never heard soo many dramatic noises come out of two grown men of disgust!! Made my laugh soo hard almost lost my pee!!  Kept laughing and crossing my legs one of the great things that comes with just having a baby :) His friend had to run outside through the garage and we all thought he was going to lose his dinner!!  Joe did a wonderful job cleaning her up and she was a very happy camper! In the end they both stil had their beers in hand so must of not been unbearable for them to handle well with the exception of the one heading out through the garage puleez boys women do this all day all the time!!  Guess we know who the stronger sex is lol :-) We finished the night with a positive feeling and with Ghost Ship.  Perfect end to a great weekend with family, friends and making memories and traditions.  I am soo thankful for the people we have in our lives and hope to continue prospering in life with those around us.
Here are some wonderful pictures from the weekend & our walk on the bike path in Richmond












Comments