Crazy, Anxious, Musical, Relaxing Kind of A Weekend…Yes Its Possible

Good Evening!!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

This past Friday was a tough one for me.  This was our first weekend without Baby A.  I was dreading but excited all week long until Friday morning...I was walking back and forth all over the house trying to get her stuff packed up.  I swear I packed every single one of her toys she ever played with, over packed frozen milk bags, clothes with matching socks lol and of course several blankets.  On top of that..along with the disposable diapers I packed three cloth ones lol soo nuts...I started getting really anxious around 8:30 and actually sat down at the laptop and opened up word and typed instructions.  How bad is that?  This was of course a temporary fix to get my mind set right.  I typed up two pages,  I started first by just listing everything and then when I was previewing it I decided to break everything up into categories.  Each category got more and more complex.  Then I was thinking to myself my parents raised two kids.  Its not like she is a new toy and needs batteries and has special instructions!!  The sad part is that typing all of that up made me less anxious.  My worst statement in those over explained instructions was " when she rubs her eyes she is ready for a nap" How terrible is that?  :) I was soo gung ho on dropping her off and leaving to get back home by 3...yeah so did not happen at all.  When we got back from lunch my dad and I with baby A in tow she would not take a nap for anything!!!  I was soo paranoid I ended up staying there until my mom got home from work at 5:30!!  I could not believe it..oh wait yeah this coming from a chick who typed up specific instructions on how to care for a baby to my parents ugh!!  My mom and dad both made fun of me until I was getting a little hurt by the whole thing.  I understand it was prolly an insult to my mom and dad both for being that specific like it was some special plant or something.  As I left out the front door at my parents she was crying :-( I sat in the driveway for abit and took deep breaths and was like "she is going to by fine" I just kept repeating that back and forth to myself.  By the time I got home I needed to pump somethin fierce.. .Joe poured me a glass of wine and I pumped out 15 oz of what I like to call anxiety milk overflow lol!!  We decided to go out. Joe wanted to stay in the area and I need to be around people I know so it would help me not worry soo much about my baby girl.  We headed to the Limerick in Antioch to hang out with some friends. Ended up meeting new and seeing old friends. Was a great long night. I made sure mom called me at 9:30 to let me know she went down okay.  Needless to say we had a fantastic night with friends.  Def a long night did not get home until 2 AM!!!  Has not happened in one hell of a long time!!  I had to get up at early to get myself empty and meet my housewifeforhire lady at Startbucks, thank goodness it was a coffee place I needed a pick me up soo badly!  Had a wonderful meeting about Facebook and other ideas.  Even stopped at Taco Bell to get Joe a hangover special with a 2 and 2 coffee.  I started cleaning up the house my anxiety came back again !!  We headed to Woodstock to go see the Nutcracker which was amazing!!!! and stopped by OTR (On the Rails) for a delicious lunch hung out with one of our favorite bartenders from the late All Sports.  Had a yummy pumpkin spice martini and a white chocolate peppermint martini!! Soo Yum!!  After the show we walked through the little park on the square looked at the beautiful lights while both of us were sipping our coffees.  It was such a gorgeous night. It felt like we just started dating we sat on one of the park benches just making fun at each other or I like to call "playful banter".  Headed to Walmart where my tiredness started to catch up to me...man was I get getting whiny!! lol.  Got up early and headed to my parents to pick our lil miss...so glad to see her. We missed her soo much!! Met Josh and Kaila at Stone Eagle for lunch to celebrate her and my mom's birthdays. Headed back home and basically just hung our for the rest of the day.  It was a perfect end to a great weekend!!  I have enclosed my wonderful works on how to take care of a baby. If anyone needs to use it as reference of course because I am an expert, .but I do realize I am missing laundry care instructions lol!!! ;-)


 

Baby Avriel Care Instructions J

Bedtime & Naps

  1. Bedtime is between 9 and 9:30 she will sleep anywhere from 7 to 9 hours, Mr Giraffe needs to be on setting second from the bottom, start at time of feeding, she sometimes will not burp before bedtime, vibrations on the first setting, she does not need a pacifier to sleep with


     

  2. No blankets over her and no sleeping on the couch with kiki and grandpa, naps are okay as long as you are awake J, she is a very active sleeper.
  3. She sometimes takes a longer morning nap from her first morning feeding she may sleep and not want a bottle for 3-4 hours.
  4. After feeding she will play for a bit but when she starts rubbing her eyes and getting impatient that means she needs to sleep for a bit
  5. She will take a longer nap after her 7 pm bottle that gets her ready to relax for her 9 pm bottle

Bottles, Feedings and Thawing

  1. When the bags are thawed they have to be used within 24 hours
  2. The bags are filled with 5 oz only fil the bottles to the 4 oz mark, she spits up more milk when they are filled with the whole bag
  3. I will thaw bags only when she is on her 4th bottle, that way its all set if you need to go somewhere
  4. The bottle warmer needs to be on setting 2 the light will come on, it takes about 2 minutes anything longer the bottle is very hot. I would keep the bottle warmer plugged in and just turn it off when the bottle is warm enough. I take the bottle cap fill half way with water to fill, if you over fill the water can get into the plug in
  5. Feedings can be different everyday, she wants a bottle every 2 hours after 3 pm, sometime she will go longer if taking a nap, I sometimes will try and get her to nap after 1 pm for at least an hour, if she takes regular naps after feedings then its not necessary to put her down for the afternoon

Diapers ( Cloth and Disposable)

  1. I put 12 disposables in her bag, that's plenty should have some left over, she can wear those for 6-8 hours
  2. I put two G Diapers, that have cloth prefold inserts, I already prepared those incase you want to use them, they do need to be changed every 2 hours if gone longer will leak through to her clothes
  3. I put a thristies wrap polka dot that you can use for the cloth diapers instead of the G Diapers, to attach the cloth I put in a snappy which you wrap the prefold normally but instead of a safety pin you use these instead, stretch from left to right then pull the middle clasp down the middle of the diaper
  4. At night put Vaseline on her body especially on her bum and lady bits


 

Clothing

  1. I put three outfits in her diaper bag with matching socks J
  2. She has 5 sleepers if you are home and don't want to use outfits
  3. Also has a sleep sac which we put her in at night with just her diaper
  4. The red quilt goes inside her pack n play
  5. I brought a playmate that can double as a changing pad
  6. Her chest bouncy and her winter jacket is in the thirty one bag
  7. Lots of toys and blankets for playtime on the floor
  8. She will take naps in her monkey bouncer and on the floor on her blankets
  9. Have two pacifiers the lime green one needs to stay hooked with the lanyard
  10. The purple and the pink one can be given to her when she is in her bouncer on her blankets or in her pack n play

Comments