Blessed

Ah.. it's Friday! It's been one heck of a busy week! Wasn't the intention tho...Avriel had a fever for a couple of days..poor girl..she is all better now! I'm extremely excited for things that are happening in our lives right now...
We took such a big chance moving here from McHenry. It was definitely a tough position but when you aren't happy where you work it takes a toll on the entire family. God always wants us to turn to him when we feel we are at our wits end. Since Avriel has been born both Joe and I have embraced God and placed our trust in him. His first gift was Avriel..since her birth he has unfolded things we never even thought imaginable . Joe had the American Dream in the back of his mind...people need to agree they don't need to be unhappy and just go through the motions in life...sometimes being comfortable isn't always what keeps your heart strong. He has always wanted to open his own restoration shop...we moved closer to home God made this possible by all the pieces falling into place. He worked from home his first year in Seward, helped spray fields and did little side jobs. We were just getting by. God made it possible for him to purchase a building where right now J. Miller Restorations has its home. He had been blessed with work...getting to the point of needing help before Christmas.
Since we have moved...I began serving in our Church...I really enjoy helping people..my passion is to help and minister to women. I joined MOPS and Crossroads Sisters. Which has benefited me in soo many ways. My journey is leading me to start a MOPS Chapter here in Winnebago..God keeps pointing me in this direction by having me be a part of the Leadership Team for MOPS at the Freeport Crossroads Campus. And I now have even greater news that I am now one of the areas MOPS Ministry Coaches. Where I reach out to other MOPS Chapters, help with conflict resolution..guess Mathew 18 will sure gets its use out of me! 😊and I help train MOPS Leaders in training and to be a mentor to them and help build a strong Leadership team within each area MOPS Chapter.
Joe and I have been extremely blessed in all that has happened...we are not perfect by any means..we just know who to pray to when decisions and life gets tough..we know who to surrender to. But again not all of our prayers come true the way we want them to..he is still in control what we want isn't always what's in his plan for us. If a prayer is not answered it usually means something better is waiting for us or our prayer isn't necessarily what our hearts want but what our minds do. And yes it does create doubt when something doesn't go our way..but again it's not our way it's ultimately his. Looking back to prior years I couldn't think I could be happier and more grounded but since accepting Jesus and the Gospel...we had no clue what was waiting for us. We still need to practice and we will probably never be perfect at it...we are all broken but instead of seeing it as broken see it as mended...just a simple change in words can alter our mindset....when something isn't going the way we want we do need to call to him and pray through it so we can accept his plan...stubbornness does get in the way. All it does is postpone happiness and create uncertainty and doubt. God is good all the time...and all the time God is good. Pray, pray & pray. If nothing gets solved right away don't give up.. keep seeking and you will find.

Comments