10 Powerful Prayers to Fight For The Heart of Your Daughter

Good Morning ;-)

Opened up my email this morning after my wonderful workout to cool down; side note, I find the best way to reflect on a workout is to spend some time with the Lord! ;-) anyway back to what I was saying opened my email to find a reading from Proverbs 31 by Lysa TerKeurst and I decided to venture a little further to her blog, which I have done in the past but this time I scrolled a smidge further and I saw this amazing entry called " 10 Powerful Prayers To Fight for the Heart of Your Daughter" and I thought hmm..sounds like an amazing blog post. I personally don't want to lose these. 

Our environment is soo closed off, what I mean is we are soo engulfed in social media, tv, internet, google, etc. . Our children are exposed to alot, but yet you are seen as weirdo, or my personal favorite "Bible Thumper", or that you are pushing your values on to someone if you even mention the word Jesus, Christianity or God in school, in public, in any social setting. Which to me means we are closed off.  Soo many changes have been made publicly, socially, our children's education with anything surrounding God. Look at holidays, you can't call them Christmas Parties anymore, they are called "Holiday Parties" but hey its alright to expose our kids to primetime TV, meaning from 7-9 pm. Where evil is all around. So who makes that decision?? ? Oh but, in your home you have the right to turn it off, true but we don't have the right to express our feelings about religion, because its offensive or may hurt someones feelings,  but others who attend our schools have an influence on the "the Pledge of Allegiance?" So, they tell us well put your kid in a Christian Private School or Homeschool..how about everyone else? When did this change happen? I praise those who have had Jesus Christ as their Savior for their whole lives, because being "new" It does make me quite irritated, Grace shows itself in everyone of you who have handled this. You all have such great Strength! 

Take a look at what happened this weekend with football. I personally don't really watch football unless its the Super Bowl and actually the past couple years we haven't really watched it. Just seeing on social media what took place hurts. And, that is what our kids see. They are allowed to see these things on TV, on the internet, Social Media and I bet you it was brought up at school on Monday and it was prolly discussed in length with friends, teachers etc. Again you mention God, "oh boy, how dare you!" And don't get me started on what has been going on with the movements of those with statues & monuments...thats a whole other ball of wax. 

So I come to you this morning with these prayers along with scripture Lysa TerKeurst had posted on her Blog & please pray over your girls. Because they need it. We don't know when Jesus is coming, we do know he is coming in the near future. Our girls need all the love, all the time & all the open talks, when I say open I mean open like don't be afraid to talk about sex,  Yes, as much as I'd love for our daughter to save herself for marriage, I did not but through open talks with my parents I knew I could come to them if I had a problem or a question. And seriously parents, why let social media dictate the birds and the bees when we can beat them to the punch? If social media, environment and our schools can remove Christianity away from our kids why let them teach our kids about sex? Anyway something to think about. Sorry another side note lol!

1. Give my daughter a deep desire to listen to You, Lord, and pray often, “What message does my Lord have for his servant?” (Joshua 5:14b).

2. Let her learn early in life that to obey You, God, is the best way to the life her heart truly desires, (1 Samuel 15:22).

3. May she find comfort in Your ability, God, to reach her, hold her, and rescue her, (2 Samuel 22:17-18).

4. May she please you, Lord by desiring, asking for and utilizing a discerning heart full of wisdom. (1 Kings 3:9-12)

5. Let her find confidence in You, God, even when hard times come and she doesn’t know what to do, by keeping her eyes fixed on You, (2 Chronicles 20:12).


6. Give her a great desire to accept Your word, God, and store up Your commands within her so her ears will turn to Your wisdom, (Proverbs 2:1-2).

7. May she keep herself under control and not give full vent to people and situations that anger her, (Proverbs 29:11).

8. Give her the ability to rise above the traps of people pleasing so she can be kept safe by trusting You, Lord, (Proverbs 29:25).

9. Let her walk in the security of Your assigned worth to her. Give her a strong work ethic and health to accomplish all her tasks. Give her a heart that desires to extend her hand to those in need. Protect her for the right husband, a man of respect and godly honor. And let her be a woman of joy and laughter whose Christ-centered character is what makes her most beautiful, (Proverbs chapter 31).

10. And every time you, Jesus, whisper, “Follow me” she does so with great grace, (Matthew 4:19).

The same goes for our boys, they struggle with different problems but those problems have the same emotional & physical impact as the the girls do. She also had a list of prayer for them as well and those are below. 


1. Create in my son a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within him (Psalm 51:10).

2. May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4).

3. May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).

4. May my son walk before You, God, as Kind David walked, with integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him and keeping Your statutes and rules. (1 Kings 9:4)

5. Like Timothy, may my son be an example to believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).

6. May my son listen to the way of wisdom and be led in the paths of uprightness (Proverbs 
4:11).
7. Lord, be with my son in trouble; rescue him and honor him (Psalm 91:5).

8. May my son honor his father and mother… (Ephesians 6:2).

9. May my son have love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith (1 Timothy 1:5).

10. May my son think on whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is commendable; if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, may he think about these things (Philippians 4:8).

I fear for Avriel at times. Just from what I see happening in our World today. I think to myself "thank God, we didn't have camera phones, thank God, we didn't have cell phones, thank God, we didn't have social media" It hurts me just thinking about what she may have to go through in life. That's why I am soo soo very thankful I came to Christ through her birth because I don't even know how I could parent, I don't know how I could even wake up in the morning and function. I went thru soo much of my life with anxiety, worrying about nonsense, worrying about what other people thought. And now, I am the first one to say "I have faith, I am the daughter of the King, I am not afraid. Yes, life can be, will be a struggle, hard times, good times they all roll into this thing we call life. He knows what he is doing, He doesn't give us things we cannot handle, He only wants us to come to Him ask for strength, rest in Him. Its that easy. 

So why not make it easy on our kids, well atleast make Faith an easy part for our children. Because God/Lord etc only knows they will go thru things we cannot even imagine. But He can, He knows. Be open with our children about everything, our mistakes, our victories, celebrate all of them. Failure is never a weakness, Failure is just an opportunity to try something different. Be joyful, do not compare. Comparison is the thief of Joy. I truly believe that, He believes that. He gave us freedom to "try again" don't beat yourself up, we have soo much against us, our kids have soo much already stacked against them, give them the power of prayer, give them the power of God, share with them, share with them victories, share with them what God has done in your life. Share with them your mistakes and how turning to God helped you through them. Be Honest, Be Open, Be Courageous, Be Obedient, Be Faithful, Be You & Don't Hide. 


With an always learning to be obedient Heart,Kristen ;-)

Comments