Letting God Lead You

How does God speak to you?
This is one of those questions that as a believer you'd like to know this. Does he speak to you during the day? Does he speak to you the moment you open up your Bible? Does he speak to you through other people? Is it all day, at night, while driving? I mean this question could make your head explode!
Now, for me he tends to speak to me primarily on those nights when I cannot sleep. But let me set this scene. Its night, I usually have to get up around 2 am to yes, go to the bathroom, I know in my Heart I am not alone here lol. So most of the time I can go right back to sleep without a single problem. Well this particular night, was not one of those nights. I laid awake thinking to myself, okay God whats up? You have to be keeping me awake for something. And, bam "Clothing Line, Window Treatments, Table Runners". I giggled. I kept saying "yeah right" "me" "are you off your rocker God?" I couldn't shake the thought. Then the "could I's" & "would I's" then it turned into my Heart arguing with my mind as to the reasons that lead to this thought in the first place, my guess is it was God telling my stubborn self the evidence as to why I should.
Here are a few of the reasons why..1. I am a vintage girl at heart, I swear I was born into the wrong era. Ever since I visited The Palace of Versailles in High school for our Foreign Language trip I fell in love, well wait head over heels for the architecture, the intricate designs, the marble, the lace, the textured floral wallpapers, just the over the top decor. Oh,the scroll work. I loved everything about all of it. Its definitely not everyone's cup of tea but it sure spoke to me. My husband on the the hand, not a fan. So, going off on a quick blurb here..once the term "french country" came into trend I thought to myself "this is my chance to get some of this french affair of mine into our home"
2. I seem to have the hardest time finding curtains. I know exactly what I want in my head but can NEVER and I mean NEVER find it, and I've always thought if I was handy with a fabric and a sewing machine I can whip one out in a jiffy. Curtain rods are the same way. They all look like glorified designs of the same exact thing, just rounder edges how much rounder edging can you make a square before its not a square any more? Maybe its just me, lol. I am lover of HomeGoods, TJMaxx & Marshalls. I can always just curtains that are oh soo close but not quite what I want, and I sit there and ponder can I wish this curtain enough and close my eyes and then poof its magically exactly what I want...it never works. It could be the tiniest detail, that throws me off. And, I leave there feeling slightly defeated. And I get home and stare at the naked windows yet again.
3. Runners, I love me some runners! My husband God bless him, I change things soo much in our house, that I think he comes home and thinks he has gone completely mad. I guess I don't blame him, I do change things a lot! I am a centerpiece, runner changing lady. I like pretty things, and if I get lucky I am able to find exactly what I need when I need it when it comes to the dining room table. Oh and as a piggy back to this reason, they shouldn't cost an arm and a leg either. For crying in the mud, some of these primitive stores charge $30 for a table runner, and oh no its not a package deal where its reversible or that it comes with matching place mats. Yeah not in this house!
Reason number 4. the last one but its a long one. Clothing...I love Matilda Jane. I can admit, the patterns are soo freaking adorable, I melt every time I see them. The vintage look of them just makes me go nuts. The dresses always and I mean always twirl, but I do have to admit one tiny thing I don't like some of the patterns are just weird...but hey to each their own. The last thing I wanna do is crush someone else's dreams, I'm sitting here pouring out my "Aha" moment that came to me after I had to go pee in the middle of the night, that yet my husband has no clue about because I am deathly afraid of the feedback lol! Honest truth! Anyway back to my reason 4. My sister in law told me about this amazing store called "Altar D'State" absolutely adorable God loving store. I love their clothes, all things that say Kristen. Vintage, lace, a-line, flowy, you name it. Only problem is the fit on some of their clothes are meant for non-c & larger cup sizes. meaning I literally went in one time grabbed shirts in my size, and pushed my girls down and yo the shirts looked totes adorbs! So thinking just a few adjustments and good to go lol. I have always looked at clothes that I liked and would hold them up on the hanger and be like "if you moved this, adjusted this, changed colors of the pattern, etc" I do that all the time. Back in my early twenties, back when I could wear 5 inch heels, work a 10 hour shift at Old Navy lol. I loved the fitting room & logistics. What I loved about this part of working there was while I was in the fitting room I have a pretty good photographic memory, I could take a quick snapshot of an item and immediately be able to run out on the floor and grab a piece to go with it, so before she even got out of the room I was able to swing it over the door. Working in logistics, I knew where everything was on the women's side of the store. I could put together an entire outfit in my head to place on the mannequins and coordinate them to follow into the next shops. I had a few moms that would come in with their daughters and specifically ask for me to get their girls ready for fall & spring. It made my Heart feel soo happy. Seeing the stress of their mom just be lifted. Let's be honest as preteens/teenage girls, they tend to not be aware of body changes, what they are signaling etc. I enjoyed that soo much. I erased soo much of those joyful memories of the smiles on those girls faces from my mind, can't really tell ya the reason why as I really don't know. So,, maybe the gift was always there and I just never let it breathe. Only God knows. I have been talking with my life coach about this and she knows me oh soo well. And I'm willing to admit, she has helped me soo soo much. She helped me get certain things prioritized and making small adjustments in how I do things, that I do owe my closeness with God to her, that she has helped me declutter and organize my time & all things that surround what moms do to allow my mind to breathe and to let God in, and to let my prayer time with Him be spent to its maximum capability. I do encourage every mom to realize its okay to set aside pride, and that pardon me "god forsaken" list we are chained to and throw it out the darn window, better yet burn the darn thing. If your Heart isn't right with God, and faith isn't first, then you aren't taking care of you, and if you aren't taking care of you, then forgive me you cannot take care of anyone else..you make think you are, but sorry sweetheart you are not. Okay, enough of that. Again, I am beyond thankful that I have this special relationship with God, and the love he has for me, and the love he has for all of us. Without him, ideas like these go unnoticed, and we go on autopilot and think there is nothing else left for us other than what we do everyday, which can be soo unfulfilling. We always need something to strive for. God is constantly cheering for us, I think its time we ought to listen. So as I am typing this, I am realizing, I prolly should let my husband in on this awesome idea that's been circling my Heart for the past 2 months. God bless you, I hope this blog encourages you, encourages you to cheer your fellow ladies on, nurture crazy, outrageous ideas, embrace new avenues and most importantly Be Still & Let God steer you, His Plan is always the best, His Timing is Always the Best!

Comments